High School Recruitment
Recruitment for Pre-Collegiate's high school program typically takes place in the fall of a student’s freshman year (9th grade). Pre-Collegiate program details and application requirements are shared at information sessions each fall. Students and their families are strongly encouraged to attend an information session before applying to the Pre-Collegiate Development Program so that all understand the elements of Pre-Collegiate's high school programming and can determine whether the program may be a good fit. In addition to hosting general information sessions that are open to 9th grade students attending any high school in the Pikes Peak Region and Pueblo, UCCS Pre-Collegiate works with district partners to set up some school and district-specific information sessions.
Information session dates, times and locations will be posted on this website as they are confirmed.
Complete New Student Application Includes:
- Completed Application – The application should be completed after attending an information session.
- Personal Essay - Students will email their essay to email@example.com. Essays should be between 250 and 500 words (1-2 pages). Please be sure to submit work that is of the same quality you would turn in at school, meaning that you should edit your essay to look for typos, and to check for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Prompt: Please describe what commitment means to you and discuss how you would show your commitment to Pre-Collegiate if you are accepted into this program.
- Fall and Spring Grade Report - Students will email their grade report to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, or a screenshot of learning management systems (ex: Power School, Infinite Campus, Schoology, etc.) The grade report must show the student's name and the date of the report.
- One recommendation from a Teacher – The teacher must teach one of the following content areas: English/Literature, Math, Science, or Social Studies. Students must share the link with their recommending teacher.
Complete Student Recommitment Includes:
- Completed Recommitment Form – This form is only intended for students who participated in UCCS Pre-Collegiate’s Middle School Program during 8th Grade.
- Fall and Spring Grade Report - Students will upload grade reports in the electronic application directly. We will accept official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, or a screenshot of learning management systems (ex: Power School, Infinite Campus, Schoology, etc.) The grade report must show the student's name and the date of the report.
Applications will be accepted until December 1st
Upcoming Recruitment Information Sessions
Dates coming soon!
Dates coming soon!
September 15, 2022
Date: September 15, 2022
Time: 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Location: Osborne Science