Middle School Recruitment
Recruitment for new 7th grade cohort typically takes place during the Fall semester. Pre-Collegiate program details and application requirements are shared at information sessions each fall. Pre-Collegiate works with district partners to set up school specific information sessions. Students and their families are strongly encouraged to attend an information session before applying to the Pre-Collegiate Development Program so that all understand the elements of Pre-Collegiate's middle school programming and can determine whether the program may be a good fit.
NOTE: In Fall 2021, all recruitment information sessions will be offered remotely via Zoom and some will be offered directly at school sites. Information session dates, times and locations will be posted on this website as they are confirmed.
Complete New Student Application Includes:
- Completed Application – The application should be completed after attending an information session.
- Personal Essay - Students will upload their essay in the electronic application directly. Essays should be between 250 and 500 words (1-2 pages). Please be sure to submit work that is of the same quality you would turn in at school, meaning that you should edit your essay to look for typos, and to check for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Prompt: Discuss how an event or person has changed the way you think and act.
- Grade Report - Students will upload grade reports in the electronic application directly. We will accept official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, or a screenshot of learning management systems (ex: Power School, Infinite Campus, Schoology, etc.) The grade report must show the student's name and the date of the report.
- One recommendation from a Teacher – The teacher must teach one of the following content areas: English/Literature, Math, Science, or Social Studies. Students must share the link with their recommending teacher.
Applications for the Pre-Collegiate Development Program closed on November 29, 2021. Decisions will be made by December 14 and notifications will be sent out via email. Questions? Contact Pre-Collegiate by phone or email. The Pre-Collegiate team will be out of the office from December 23 to January 4