Middle School Recruitment
Recruitment for new 7th grade cohort typically takes place during the Fall semester. Pre-Collegiate program details and application requirements are shared at information sessions each fall. Pre-Collegiate works with district partners to set up school specific information sessions. Students and their families are strongly encouraged to attend an information session before applying to the Pre-Collegiate Development Program so that all understand the elements of Pre-Collegiate's middle school programming and can determine whether the program may be a good fit.
Complete New Student Application Includes:
- Completed Application – The application should be completed after attending an information session.
- Personal Essay - Students will email their essay to email@example.com. Essays should be between 150 and 300 words. Please be sure to submit work that is of the same quality you would turn in at school, meaning that you should edit your essay to look for typos, and to check for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Prompt: Please describe what commitment means to you and discuss how you would show your commitment to Pre-Collegiate if you are accepted into this program.
- Grade Report - Students will email their grade report to firstname.lastname@example.org.. We will accept official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, or a screenshot of learning management systems (ex: Power School, Infinite Campus, Schoology, etc.) The grade report must show the student's name and the date of the report.
- One recommendation from a Teacher – The teacher must teach one of the following content areas: English/Literature, Math, Science, or Social Studies. Students must share the link with their recommending teacher.
Applications for the Pre-Collegiate Development Program due by December 1st